Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kayaking in January


As I mentioned, one thing that has been great about living in Arizona is the "winter" weather. Justin and I went kayaking in January! As everyone knows, I'm not a huge fan of the kayak (by any means) but it was nice to be outside in shorts and a tank top in the winter time. Up by ASU there is a little man-made lake called Tempe Town Lake. It is about 2 miles long but it is really narrow. It's kind of a fun area of town where they always have things going on. They have parks, trails, a beachy sandy area, and cool bridges. They don't allow any boats with motors so there are lots of row boats, sail boats, kayaks, paddle boats, etc. Here are a few pictures we took:



That was the main highlight of our weekend. Justin said to me over the weekend something like, "Wow, we are really outdoors-y people." He actually said "we" which is kind of funny. I will never consider myself to be an outdoors person, but I do own half of a kayak and now a bike. I can proudly say that I did about a 13 mile bike ride the weekend before last and then went kayaking this past weekend. Not too bad for me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debrs, you really are amazing! It looks like so much FUN in the sun! I sure wish for a little more warmth with our sun these days. Such a great outdoorsy you have become.

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Haha, you are totally getting attached to that kayak...! :) That's hilarious. Way to go on the blog update too!!

the johansen's said...

I need to move down to AZ. I have had it with the snow and cold!! I miss you guys!

Valerie said...

13 mile bike ride?!? That is for reals! Way to be so outdoors-y!